3. Invigorating coffee scrub
Coffee is another fantastic natural exfoliant. It contains caffeic acid, which has anti-inflammatory effects and can boost collagen production. Just as coffee stimulates our body in the morning, it can serve as a skin stimulant as well.
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon water or olive oil
- To make the scrub, combine the coffee and water or olive oil. (To make this inexpensive face scrub even more economical, save the wet coffee grounds from your brewed morning coffee and use those.)
- If you use olive oil, skip applying a moisturizer afterward, as olive oil will leave your skin super-moisturized.
Side note: Since coffee grounds can clog drains, apply the scrub and buff off the grounds over a plugged sink so that you can wipe them out or use a mesh drain strainer to catch them before they go down your pipes.
Next Up: Soothing oatmeal scrub