Isabelle Fuhrman plays Clove, the tribute we all loved to hate in The Hunger Games. At Saturday’s Kids’ Choice Awards, the adorable actress didn’t resemble her angry character at all! We got the scoop on how to recreate her cute look with these makeup tips.
Makeup artist: Celebrity makeup artist Stephen Sollitto for NYX Cosmetics
Inspiration: “I wanted her to look beautiful with an element of playfulness. NYX Cosmetics was the perfect brand to accomplish this,” Sollitto says. To complement Isabelle’s Jason Wu floral ensemble and her Blue Nile Jewelry, he gave the actress bold eyes and neutral lips to reveal her natural, youthful beauty.
Get the look
- Prep skin with ARCONA’s Triad Pads ($30) to cleanse and hydrate skin.
- Next, apply ARCONA’s Desert Mist ($32) to seal in moisture.
- With a wet sponge, apply the NYX Cosmetics HD Studio Photogenic Primer ($15) all over your face to set skin for makeup. To let youthful, fresh skin shine through, keep the coverage light by dabbing NYX Cosmetics Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation in Soft Beige (about $8) under your eyes and where you need the coverage.
- Next, apply NYX Cosmetics Matte Bronzer in Light ($9) on the cheeks to give the perfect tint for a sun-kissed, youthful glow.
- Set the look with the NYX Cosmetics Shine Killer ($13).
- For a softer take on the smoky eye, use the nude shadow from the NYX Cosmetics Nude on Nude Natural Look Kit ($12) as a base over your entire lid.
- In the almond of your eyes, use the copper shadow from the NYX Cosmetics Bronze Smokey Look Kit ($12), in order to make eyes vibrant when you blink.
- Use NYX Cosmetics Deep Purple Cream Shadow ($5) for the top of the lid, as well as for the outer corners of your eyes, where you should tap the faintest line.
- Next, use the same copper shadow for the bottom of the eyes.
- Finish the look with the NYX Cosmetics Doll Eye Mascara in Extremely Black ($9) to add volume to the roots of lashes and then tap a light coat on the top.
- To create a neutral lip, use NYX Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Butter ($6) to keep the focus on your smoky eyes.