Looking for a way to get ready for summer? Invest in an array of coral-colored makeup! The varied pinks, oranges and reds are like a nod to the tropics, so turn up the heat and go crazy for coral!
- Brash Dual-Sided Lip Gloss in Pomegranate and Vanilla Frost, $6
- Mary Kay Creme Lipstick in Sunny Citrus, $13
- ‘Tini Beauty Liptini Double Shot Double-Ended Lip Stain & Gloss in Wallbanger, $24
- ‘Tini Beauty Liptini Topper Lip Gloss in Flamingo, $18
A bright coral lip is one of the easiest and most fool-proof ways to take on the coral trend. If you’re feeling a little wary of the orange tones present in coral hues, opt for a pink coral shade like Brash’s Dual-Sided Lip Gloss in Pomegranate and Vanilla. The Pomegranate side has just a hint of orange, but the glossy finish and corresponding Vanilla shade allow you to tone down the hue to your perfect coral color.
- Benefit Cosmetics CORALista, $28
- Too Faced Full Bloom Lip & Cheek Color in Prim & Poppy, $21
- Laura Mercier Bronzing Duo in Coral Bronze, $32
- Christian Dior Bronze Harmonie de Blush in Coral Riviera, $31
You’re already accustomed to adding pinky blushes and golden bronzers to your cheeks, so what’s stopping you from shaking things up with a coral powder instead? Most skin tones adapt well to a slightly orangey pink cheek, delivering a nice mix of blush and bronze. We’re particularly fond of Laura Mercier’s Bronzing Duo in Coral Bronze because you can pick and choose from two complementary colors, applying them as you see fit.
- Brash Dual Vision Eyeshadow in Denim and Coral, $6
- CrushCosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Dutchess Coral, $7
- Pixi Lid Last Shadow Pen in Peach Pave, $18
- BHCosmetics Gel Eyeliner in Lush, $5
Forget the smoky eye this summer! Keep things fresh with light coral pinks and subtle coral oranges. This look is best when paired with a neutral lip and a slightly bronzed cheek, but that doesn’t mean you should shy away from color! We love Brash’s Dual Vision Eyeshadow because you can wet the Denim shadow to line your eyes before playing up your lids with the attention-grabbing Coral. If you’re not quite ready for a full-on coral eye, try simply lining your lower lids with the BHCosmetics Gel Eyeliner — it’ll add a little something extra to your look without going overboard.
- Sinful Colors Nail Lacquer in Island Coral, $2
- SXY High Gloss Nail Lacquer in Coral Couture, $10
- Drs Remedy Enriched Nail Polish in Peaceful Pink Coral, $17
You can’t go wrong with a coral nail, and with all the color variations to choose from, you’re bound to find one that fits your style. For the pink-lover, try SinfulColors Nail Lacquer in Island Coral, a real steal at only $2. If you’re more of a bright-and-bubbly personality, Dr’s Remedy Enriched Nail Polish in Peaceful Pink Coral will suit your fancy — it’s especially perfect on the toes! And, for the sultry woman with a sexy style, SXY’s High Gloss Nail Lacquer in Coral Couture is as eye-catching as the woman who wears it.
Watch: How to perfectly apply your blush
Ever wonder if you are applying your blush correctly? Now you don’t have to guess. SheKnows.com’s celebrity makeup artist, Allison Pynn, shows you exactly how to apply blush perfectly, every time.