Wake up your sleepy scalp with this moisturizing, au naturel hair mask. Got a case of the flakes? Whip this together to take care of your itchy scalp as well.
Bad hair day …or month? Coconut oil promotes the re-growth of damaged hair and also moisturizes the scalp, helping alleviate dandruff (and even lice). This super-moisturizer is known to strengthen and nourish hair as well as protect it against harmful environmental factors. While coconut oil is clearly beneficial to hair care, you can also use it in cooking to help promote glowing care, weight loss, healthy digestion, increased immunity, diabetes prevention, among other health benefits.
What you will need:
- Small mixing bowl or bottle
- Pyrex bowl
- Measuring spoon
- Shower cap or plastic wrap
- Warm towel
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice or 10 drops lemon or grapefruit essential oil
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Place the solid coconut oil into a Pyrex bowl, then microwave it until the oil melts.
- Remove from the microwave and add 1 teaspoon of grapeseed oil to the mix.
- Next, depending on your hair color, add the following:
- For lighter tones, add 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice or 10 drops of lemon or grapefruit essential oil.
- For darker tones, add 10 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Apply the mixture to damp hair while the oils are still warm, and place a shower cap or plastic wrap over your hair with a warm towel turban on top. You can create the warm turban by heating a towel in the dryer for a few minutes while you are making the conditioning mask.
- Kick back and relax for 10 to 20 minutes, then wash and condition hair.
More homemade beauty recipes
Homemade beauty recipes
Summer beauty with Epsom salt
Homemade skin care recipes: Seasonal fruits and vegetables
Leave a Comment