We know how busy you get. We’re here to help. You’ve got a last minute Halloween party at the office and you have nothing to wear. Fairy wings are super easy to get. You know your local Hot Topic has a ton! Well, fairy makeup is far easier than you think! We’ll show you how to get the look.
Start with a glowing foundation, or mix a bit of loose shimmer in before you apply it. Throw on a little shimmery blush. The big thing here is the eyes.
- Halloween tutorial: Twilight vampire
- Halloween tutorial: Zombie
- Halloween tutorial: Marilyn Monroe
Begin with an all over color like Nars All About Eve, one of our all-time favorite neutrals. Line your eyes with a soft black liner. We suggest Too Faced Lava Gloss since it glides over the lid with no skipping. Now, here is the kicker. Grab a little lash glue. (Use the ones for strip lashes, or you’ll have this stuff on for days!) Use your finger and dab a tiny bit over the lid. Then take a glitter in the color of your outfit (Check out occmakeup.com for the most amazing colors!) and dab it on top. Keep your eyes closed until it dries.
Next, grab a pair of false lashes. Your local drug store should have some fun ones in the Halloween section. Cut them into sections for easy application. No one said you have to do it all at once. Give the glue 30 seconds to get tacky before placing them at the base of the lashes with a pair of tweezers and don’t touch until they’re totally dry. Finish with a shimmery lip gloss like Girls Dig Pearls from Too Faced and float off to your party, fairy lady!
Try it now
- Too Faced Girls Dig Pearls gloss is available from Toofaced.com and retails for $16.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Cosmetic Glitter is available from occmakeup.com and retails for $12.
- Nars Eyeshadow Duos are available at Sephora.com and retail for $33.
- Too Faced Lava Gloss is available from Toofaced.com and retails for $17.