Eyebrows have a major impact on your overall appearance. Professionally done brows are gorgeous, but you may not have the time or money to get to the salon as often as you’d like. Use these DIY instructions to keep your eyebrows looking polished between appointments.
Before you begin
Before you become your own tweezing technician, have a professional shape your eyebrows. This will give you a reference point for the shape you’ll be maintaining at home. After having your eyebrows professionally done, you should expect new hair growth to emerge within three to four weeks.
Quick tip: New waxing and threading centers are opening all over the country. Take advantage of any first-time customer promotions offered in your area.
Learn more about eyebrow threading >>
What you’ll need:
- Spiral Brush
- Brow shaping scissors
- Brow Pencil
Find out about our Top 10 on-the-go beauty products. (Hint: Tweezers are one of them!) >>
- Use your spiral brush to sweep your eyebrows upward.
- Trim excess hairs with brow shaping scissors. Remember, less is more. You can always cut more if needed, so trim slowly and carefully.
- Brush brows downward and again, trimming tips of longer hairs — again being careful not to over trim.
- Brush brows back into place.
- Use your tweezers to pluck hairs below the brow bone, grabbing at the root and removing entire hair in one sweeping motion. Pull the hair in the direction of growth.
- Tweeze any stray hairs between your brows.
- Hold a pencil straight up at the side of your nose to determine where your brow should start. Tweeze any hairs that go past that imaginary line.
- Hold your pencil at an angle, with the bottom at the side of your nose, and the top going over the middle of your pupil. This will point you to the top of your natural brow arch. Tweeze hairs that fall under the brow arch, being careful not to over tweeze.
- Angle your pencil toward the outside of your eye to determine where your brow should end. Tweeze hairs that fall beyond this end point.
- Use brow pencil to fill in any gaps or areas where hair is sparse.
- Add highlighter to your brow bone to add a visual lift to the eye area
Watch: Expert eyebrow shaping tips
Celebrity eyebrow expert Anastasia provides tips for the perfect eyebrow in this video.