If you are tired of skinny jeans, this season get into trouser jeans instead. These jeans feature a wide leg, fit well through the rear and offer a tailored look, similar to trousers. You often find trouser jeans in a dark wash — making them more suitable for the office. Follow these style tips to rock trouser jeans this season.
Best trouser jeans for your body type
Before buying trouser jeans, consider your body type to find the best pair for you.
Sweet and petite – Short gals can still wear wide leg trouser jeans. Look for these jeans with a low-rise and partner them with heels to make your legs look long and sexy.
Tall and slim – Try a high-waisted pair of trouser jeans with a pair of ballet flats or wedge heels that aren’t too high. Wear your jeans with a cropped jacket or sweater to show off their style.
Curvy figures – Hourglass and plus-size figures don’t have to avoid trouser jeans. Just choose a pair that sits at your natural waistline — not too high or too low. Look for flat front jeans rather than those with any pleats.
Trouser jeans For work
A dark wash pair of trouser jeans looks great when teamed up with a ruffled blouse and high heels. This look will take you from the office to Happy Hour without missing a beat.
- Elie Saab long shirt ($354 at Boutique 1)
- Trouser denim jeans ($98 at Boston Proper)
- Yves Saint Laurent stiletto heels ($880 at YSL)
- Banana Republic Madison leather handbag ($250 at Banana Republic)
- Bijoux Heart flower earrings ($390 at Net-a-porter)
Trouser jeans for play
Trouser jeans can play along with the nautical look, which will stay popular throughout the year. Wear your jeans with a blue and white striped boatneck top and a fabulous pair of red heels.
- J.Crew boatneck t-shirt ($45 at J.Crew)
- Old Navy braided trim trouser jeans ($37 at Gap)
- Miss KG Minnie bow platform pumps ($146 at ASOS)
- Adventurous Pirates high sea windrose necklace ($125 at Swarovski)
Trouser jeans for a date
Rock a pair of trouser jeans on your next date. Wear them with a neutral top and a fabulous faux fur vest — one of the hottest trends of the season. Finish off your look with suede booties and a textured leather bag.
- ALICE by Temperley faux fur cropped gilet ($410 at Net-a-porter)
- G by Guess Tara trouser jeans ($50 at Guess)
- Fossil Lola woven leather hobo ($166 at Piperlime)
- ASH gathered suede ankle boots ($100 at The Outnet)