James Franco insists that social media is “dead.” He made that sweeping generalization during an interview with Policito.
“Social media is over. Still up there. Going down. You heard it here first,” Franco said. How would Franco know? Well, he’s apparently the expert at everything since he has like eight million degrees now.
- There are over 600 million users registered on Facebook – and 500 million are active users.
- 50 percent of users log in to Facebook every day.
- People spend over 700 million minutes a month using Facebook.
- Twitter has over 200 million registered accounts and more than 460,000 new accounts are registered every day.
- Over 140 million tweets are sent every day.
Yeah, we’re pretty sure Facebook, Twitter and social media as a whole isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
Maybe Franco is just a little upset that he’s getting criticized for his Oscar hosting performance and comments about comedian Bruce Villanch? It also looks like he either disabled his Twitter profile or set it to “private.”
Or maybe this is just another one of Franco’s performance art installation/social commentary that he loves so much.