Makeup, skincare products, hair must-haves — it can all add up. If you are spending too much on the cost of beauty, check out these beauty buys under $5. These products are multi-purpose steals.
Vaseline has a multitude of beauty uses. It’s a staple that is in almost every bathroom. And at about $3 for a tub, it’s a fantastic bargain. Here are 10 uses for Vaseline.
- Apply to fingernails to soften cuticles.
- Mix with sea salt to make a body scrub.
- Use as a lip gloss.
- Rub in your hands, then run your hands over your hair to tame flyaways.
- Put it along your hairline to prevent hair color from dyeing your skin.
- Stretch your expensive body butters and lotions by mixing in some Vaseline.
- Rub on skin to helps protect and heal new tattoos.
- Apply to cracked heels then put on cotton socks overnight.
- Mix a dab of Vaseline with lipstick to create a cream blush.
- Apply to toenails if the shine of your pedicure is fading.
Glowing skin exfoliating treatment: Mix 2 cups of Epsom Salt with 1/4 cup of petroleum jelly and a few drops of lavender essential oil. Use the mixture to gently scrub away dry skin patches.
Microdermabrasion facial: Mix 1/2 TSP of Epsom Salt into cleansing cream for a deep-pore cleansing. Massage on skin. Rinse with cool water. Pat dry.
Bathtime bliss: Add two cups of Epsom Salt to the water in a standard-sized bathtub; soak for at least 12 minutes, three times weekly. For an extra treat, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil for a refreshing scent.
Pedicure perfection: Dissolve a half cup of Epsom Salt into two quarts of warm water. Pour the water into a container and soak your bare feet for fifteen to twenty minutes.
For an extra treat, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil for a refreshing scent. Massage the entire foot with Epsom Salt concentrating on the heels and ankles to remove any dry, rough spots. Then, rinse your feet off with clean tap water and dry them thoroughly.
Homemade bath crystals: Mix two cups of Epsom Salt with a few drops of fragrance to create a custom bath crystal. Add a few drops of food coloring or 1/2 TSP of glycerin if you like. Store in an air-tight container.
Aloe vera is a natural healing plant that can soothe and repair skin. You can find a 16 oz bottle of aloe vera gel for about $5 at Walmart, Walgreens and other retailers. It’s extremely rich in nutrients and vitamins, so it’s great for your skin.
- Soothe a sizzling sunburn.
- Rub on age spots to decrease pigmentation.
- Apply to your face with a cotton ball to reduce the appearance of pores.
- Use it instead of hair conditioner — rinse well.
- Apply to stretch marks to encourage cell regeneration and fading.