- Start with second-day hair that hasn’t been washed or add texture to your hair by applying styling cream or volumizing spray. This will make your hair easier to work with, allowing it to hold the style longer.
- Use a large barrel curling iron to spiral the whole head, and then brush out the curls.
- Apply dry texturizing spray at the roots.
- Pull hair up high on your head and twirl your hair into a bun.
- To secure, twist in two Goody Simple Styles Spin Pins starting close to the scalp.
The Spin Pin does the work of 20 bobby pins. You simply spin them clockwise to secure your style, then counter-clockwise to release. They are priced at just $6.49 and available at Target, Walgreens, Walmart and other retailers.
Vogue photograph by Mario Testino