Exfoliation is key to healthy skin. By exfoliating regularly, you can slough away dead skin cells, increase circulation, improve clarity and reveal soft, smooth skin. You don’t need to spend money on store-bought scrubs, just head to your kitchen. Here is one of our favorite sugar scrub recipes.
olive oil scrub
This homemade scrub is gentle enough to use on your face but can be applied to the rest of your body too.
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Apply a small amount of the mixture to your face and gently scrub using a circular motion.
- Work your way down your body, paying special attention to rough spots such as heels, elbows and knees.
- Rinse thoroughly with cool water.