Recycle your egg cartons by using them to make a craft with your child. This hippo from CraftPlace.org is a great way to make a little storage box for your kids to keep their treats.
What you’ll need
- Recycled egg carton
- Plastic-foam balls, two 2″
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Acrylic paints: purple, pink, white
- Dimensional paint: black, pink
- Pushpins, two
- Craft Glue
Putting it all together
- Glue plastic-foam balls (eyes) on center top of egg carton. Insert pushpins through carton, securing eyes on top.
- Paint outside of carton and eyes purple and inside of carton pink. Let dry.
- Glue wiggle eyes on eyes.
- Paint “teeth” white. Use black dimensional paint to outline nostrils. Let dry.
- Tuck treats, notes, and other special wishes inside box for teachers or friends!
|Simple bookbag||Personalized pillowcase||Make a name banner|