If you like to cook and have always looked for a place to store your recipes, then Elmer’s Glue has you covered! This magnetic recipe box is the perfect place to safely keep your coveted recipes for all different occasions. And since it’s such a creative box, you can display it on your kitchen counter for all to admire.
What you’ll need
Elmer’s Products Inc:
- Craft Bond Extra Strength Glue Stick
- Craft Bond Fabric & Paper Glue
- X-ACTO Gripster Knife
- X-ACTO Self-Healing Cutting Mat
- X-ACTO Rotary Paper Trimmer
- White tin lunch box, 5″ x 7″ x 4 1/2″ tall
- Magnetic sheeting 5″ x 8″
- Six 1/2″ button magnets
- Scrapbook paper, 12″ x 12″: light blue dot; red gingham
- Cardstock, 12″ x 12″, white
- Melissa Frances™ Heart & Home Collectibles, Inc. Vintage Labels, Kitchen Gadgets Collection: Crafty Cutters Ad, 2 1/2″ square; Rose’s Cake Tins Ad, 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Monogram transfer letters, black, 3/4″
- Crafty Cutters Cookie Cutters, Star & Heart, 1 1/4″
- 24″ length of 3/8″ wide striped ribbon to coordinate
- 18″length of 1/4″ wide red gingham ribbon
- 1 3/4 yd. length of 3/8″ wide red grosgrain ribbon
Putting it all together:
- Cut two 4″ x 12″ red gingham strips to wrap around lunch box. Use Craft Bond Extra Strength Glue Stick to attach paper to box matching seams at sides.
- Measure and cut needed length of red grosgrain ribbon to use as top and bottom border of paper on box. Use Glue Stick to attach.
- Choose transfer letters to spell desired word. Rub the first transfer letter onto blue dot paper. Cut the letter into a 1″ square. Repeat with other letters. To mount, attach magnetic sheeting to red gingham paper, working with an approximately 2″ x 12″ piece. Use X-ACTO Gripster Knife to trim into enough 1 1/2″ squares for each of the letters. Use Glue Stick to glue blue square letters onto red gingham with magnetic back. Set aside.
- Use Glue Stick to attach labels to white cardstock for added stability. Cut out label. Glue button magnets on back of labels for added dimension as well as to connect to recipe box. Set aside.
- Use Craft Bond Fabric and Paper Glue to attach button magnets to cookie cutters. Let dry.
- Accent recipe box by cutting various lengths of remaining ribbon and tie to either side of handle, cookie cutters and label. Place letters, cookie cutters and labels onto box to decorate. Rearrange and redesign as you wish since magnets can be moved.