To make big legs look thinner
Give the illusion of longer legs by wearing a high-cut style. “Avoid skirt styles — the hem usually stops at the widest part thereby making your body appear wider,” Raes says. “Look for minimal styles and bring a sarong or wrap.”
19. White venus tankini with high rise bottoms (top, $44 bottom, $28) White-on-white and we love it! The high-cut bottoms will thin out and lengthen your legs, while the tankini top will provide extra coverage if you’re not feeling up to the task of flaunting extra skin.
20. Miraclesuit Isabella Slimming halter one-piece ($109.50) The gathered style of this best-selling suit trims the wasit, while a cascade of soft ruffles gives the body a longer line. (Shown above).
21. Spanx Chic Trim Slimming one-piece ($133.50) If you’d prefer some straps, here’s a halter swimwear style to thin your legs and lengthen your wear time — this suit will have you looking your best and will never go out of style.
How to give shape to skinny legs
Seek straight-across retro styles and boyshorts that cut horizontally at the top of the leg, which will lend shape.
22. Perry Ellis halter top and lace bottom (top, $58 bottom, $52) Aside from white’s benefit in creating the appearance of a more luscious tan, these bikini bottoms cut off at the perfect spot.
23. Popina pin-up style “The Grace” one-piece ($88) Retro for sure! The fitted style of this suit will give your silhouette extra shape all over.
24. Volcom striped swimsuit ($68.80) Here, the bold lines stemming off in every which way are what’s going to create the appearance of a more curvy and defined body type. (Shown above).