Exfoliate your skin with all-natural ingredients. These homemade beauty recipes allow you to refresh and revitalize your skin naturally with fresh ingredients such as grapefruit.
The Body Deli offers a line of fresh, natural, chemical-free skincare and hair products that are great for you. Their philosophy is “Fresh Food For The Skin.” The Body Deli products are so fresh that they are kept in refrigerated deli cases in the store.
David Parker, co-owner of the The Body Deli, was kind enough to share with us these two recipes for homemade scrubs. One is for the body and the other for the face.
Be sure to visit TheBodyDeli.com where you can check out their complete line of fabulous skincare, haircare and beauty products.
Sage and grapefruit body scrub
- 2 cups fine sea salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 package of fresh sage (about 4 to 6 leaves)
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 1 grapefruit (white or red)
- In a blender, puree together olive oil and sage on high for one minute.
- Pour mixture into sea salt and date sugar; mix well.
- Zest all rind off grapefruit and mix zest into salt mixture.
- In your shower after cleansing, turn water off or away.
- Take 1 tablespoon of salt scrub (or more if needed) in your hands. Massage and polish all over your body in a circular motion.
- The natural sea salt is great for detoxifying the body, so allow it to sit on your skin for 1 minute, then rinse with warm water. Your skin will feel amazing!
Keep remaining salt scrub in the refrigerator in between usage. It will last about 14 days.
Honey buff recipe
Makes 1 treatment.
- 5 whole almonds
- 2 Tbsp uncooked oats
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp yogurt
- Grind almonds and oats in a blender until finely ground.
- In a small glass bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Apply to wet skin and gently scrub in circular motion.
- Rinse off with warm water.