Kitty craft: Cats rule, dogs drool
This whimsical painting is the perfect gift for the cat lover on your holiday list. Whether you choose to paint it on a bottle or jar as we have, or use a wood plank and a country scrap material hanger, this project is the cat's meow!
- Liner brush
- Shader brush
- Scruffy brush
- Micron or fine tip black craft pen
- Acrylic sealer spray, matte old toothbrush
- Acrylic paint colors (these are Delta Ceramcoat)
- Antique White
- AC Flesh
- Golden Brown
- Autumn Brown
- Green Sea
What you do
- Base coat surface with 2-3 coats of Antique White. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Trace pattern onto base-coated surface.
- Paint body of cat with AC Flesh.
- Paint cat's stripes with Golden Brown. Use Autumn Brown to shade small areas around back legs and chin and ears.
- Use White and dry scruffy brush to highlight the cat's cheeks and chin and paws.
- Use black Micron craft pen to draw on lip line.
- With fine liner brush, paint nose and eye lines. Use Green Sea to paint on eyes.
- With black Micron craft pen, write Cats Rule at the top and Dogs Drool at the bottom.
- Use and old toothbrush to splatter black all over your surface. Repeat with White.
- Spray completed project with 2-3 coats of acrylic sealer and allow to dry completely.
Note: If painting this project on a jar or bottle, first remove all labels, wash and dry bottle completely. Allow the first coat of paint to dry COMPLETELY before attempting another coat or you will experience peeling.
|Pet ID tag||Creative dog leash||Sew a dog sweater|