There’s a reason several subreddits highlighting the frequent inability to master the English language exist. Everyone loves a good typo. And the typos to top all typos was discovered two months ago by a woman in Australia.
Posted in the Facebook group Kmart Lovers Australia, the woman, Shahn Cooms, wrote that she bought a slow-cooker from a Kmart and noticed a glaring, hilarious typo in the “caution” warning. Instead of telling you what it is, we’ll let you spot it for yourself:
“Caution,” it starts, “to prevent damage or shock hazard, do not cook in this liner. Cock only in the container provided. Do not immerse in water.”
This isn’t the first time the typo was spotted on the Kmart slow-cooker. A woman in Newcastle, England posted in the public Kmart Hacks & Decor Facebook group: “Anyone else see what’s wrong in this picture? #welldonekmart #idonthaveoneofthosesorry.”
According to the Daily Mail, the latter post garnered more than 1,000 reactions on the public FB group, including “does this mean the meat will fall off the bone(r)?” and — our favorite — “it’s a C*ckpot.”
A Kmart spokesperson also apologized for the typo, telling the publication, “We sincerely apologize for this error and the team have ensure this does not occur on future ranges.”
After all this talk about the male genitalia, it’s left us feeling very Dwight Schrute.
Sorry not sorry in advance for all the penis puns today, world. Blame Kmart.