This welcoming birdhouse wreath makes a great accent to your front door or entryway. It’s easy to make, and only a few supplies are needed! Here’s how you can do it.
What you need
Acrylic paint in antique white and several contrasting country colors of your choice
Black craft pen
White craft glue (Tacky glue)
Matte finish sealer spray
What you do
- Basecoat the wooden heart with country blue and the birdhouses with several different country colors. Let dry completely.
- Apply crackle medium according to directions (to the front of the heart only) — a medium coat works well. Apply crackle to the front of the birdhouses, but not the roofs. Allow it to dry for 15 to 25 minutes, until tacky but not completely dry.
- Next, apply a medium coat of antique white over the crackle, do not excessively brush! One or two strokes is enough. Let dry — crackle will begin to work within minutes.
- While that dries, paint the wreath backing with light brown. Dry brush a few random streaks of antique white over the light brown.
- Thread pieces of raffia through each button and tie into bows. Glue to the top of each birdhouse as seen in the photo.
- Using a thumbtack, attach a piece of jute to the back of the wreath. Attach the other end of the jute to the back of the blue heart with the other thumbtack.
- Tie a piece of material scrap into a bow and glue to the front of the heart.
- Use the craft pen to write your family name on the front of the heart.
- Finish with two coats of acrylic sealer, waiting at least 15 minutes between coats.