12 Labor Day Trips You Can Take for Under $100
Everybody wants to get away on the long weekend, but focusing on traffic, public transportation or renting a car can immediately kill your relaxation vibes. Hiring a private car and driver may seem like an extravagant choice, but it turns out Uber has some pretty affordable rides that will take you to a fun vacation spot for less than $100. And if you're traveling with a friend or two, you can share the costs to make it even more reasonable.
If you're thinking of traveling over Labor Day weekend, check out one of these inexpensive mini-vacays, all of which cost less than $100 from Uber.
- NYC to Long Beach: Travel from the city to Long Beach, where you can spend the day riding bikes by the beach, eating al fresco and enjoying the boardwalk.
- NYC to Cove Island Park, Connecticut: Head north from the city to Cove Island Park for a day of fun in the sun, with everything from swimming at the beach to exploring the wildlife preserve at your fingertips.
- San Francisco to Napa Valley: Wine tasting is always better when you don't have to worry about driving. Take an Uber to Napa Valley and feel free to guzzle as much vino as you want.
- Chicago to Munster, Indiana: Get a taste of small-town life in Munster, where you can enjoy walking around one of the three lakes, relaxing in Centennial Park or enjoying a beer at 3 Floyds Brewing Company.
- Austin to Lake Travis, Texas: The Lake Travis reservoir is the perfect place to escape the heat of summer, with over 271 miles of shoreline to explore. Swim, rent a boat or just enjoy the breeze while picnicking in one of the parks.
- Atlanta to Greenville, South Carolina: There's a lot to do in this small city, from viewing the waterfalls at the Falls Park on the Reedy, going to the Greenville County Museum of Art or visiting the Greenville Zoo.
- Los Angeles to Laguna Beach: The gorgeous coves and inlets of Laguna Beach are perfect for sunbathing, and the area offers a bevy of dining and shopping options too.
- Los Angeles to Ojai, California: Go wine tasting, shop in the quaint downtown or take a hiking trip in Ojai, the perfect getaway from busy Los Angeles.
- Boston to Newport, Rhode Island: Take a trip out of the city and view the historic mansions of Newport, Rhode Island, and don't forget to take a walk along the rocky coast.
- Boston to Portsmouth, New Hampshire: Head north to enjoy the small New England city of Portsmouth, where you can enjoy al fresco dining while overlooking the water, visit the living history museum or stroll through the scenic downtown.
- Boston to Cape Cod, Massachusetts : Who wouldn't want to take a fun trip to Cape Cod? Sandy beaches, seafood dinners and sunshine await.
- Seattle to Woodinville Wine Country in Washington: There are more than 90 wineries in Woodinville, and if you take an Uber, you won't have to worry about finding a designated driver. Even if you don't drink, it's a beautiful spot to shop, visit farms and grab a bite to eat in a pretty setting.
There are a lot of fun options, and it's so much more convenient to just call a car than having to worry about renting one or dealing with public transportation. As soon as you get in the car, it's like your trip has already started — your Uber driver can focus on the road so you can start relaxing.