By: Alex Redgrave
Whether you’re planning a family trip or just headed to the park with friends, games are one of the best ways to beat boredom. Here are six favorites you should always have on hand.
1. The gold deck: Upgrade your poker night with this glitzy deck.
Gold playing card set by Idea International (Horne, $15)
2. Backgammon: The classic travel game goes luxe, designed by a textile designer and hand-printed on FSC-certified Baltic birch.
Curves backgammon set (Wolfum, $130)
3. Monikers: A three-round “say my name” guessing game with charades thrown in for good measure.
Monikers card set (Monikers, $25)
4. Scopa: Not to be mistaken with a chic version of tarot cards, this Italian deck is the lazy gal’s answer to boccie ball.
Italian/Sicilian scopa playing cards (Amazon, $8.49)
5. The Voting Game: Find the player who best describes a question card and really get to know one another. (Best enjoyed several drinks in…)
The Voting Game (The Voting Game, $25)
6. Bananagrams: A speedy crossword-off for the whole fam. Extra points for fruit-tastic packaging.
Bananagrams (Bananagrams, $15)
This story is part of Domino’s 100 Days of Summer package.
Originally published on Domino.