We’ve all had those mornings when you hit snooze one too many times or the kids refuse to put on their shoes for a full 20 minutes or the idea of doing anything to your hair seems as easy as scaling a mountain. We get it. And hey, you don’t need permission to wear your hair in a messy topknot for the rest of your life if you want to. But if you do want to mix up your usual hairstyle and have practically zero time for your morning ‘do, then you need a bunch of fast, efficient and pretty dang cute styles willing to work with you on the go.
So we rounded up our favorite quick hairstyles that you can do at a stoplight, in the carpool line or while you’re negotiating the shoe situation with your 6-year-old for the hundredth time this month. Scroll down to see our favorites and how to do them!
1. Gather hair loosely into a low ponytail and tie with a clear elastic. Wrap ponytail with a satin elastic, pull out face-framing layers and you’re good to go.
2. Scoop the sides of your hair back into a half-up ponytail, tie with a clear elastic and then thread the tail of the ponytail up and through the top of the hair to form the twisty sides.
3. Secure your curls in a high ponytail, pulling at the crown for volume, then wrap a sheer ribbon or scarf around your head and tie it into a bow near the front of your face.
4. Comb your hair back into a low ponytail and secure with a gold clip hair tie for an instantly jazzed-up finish.
5. Brush your hair into a half ponytail, slide in a heart-shaped metallic clip and snap it closed. Slide in a few bobby pins to keep the clip in place if your hair is especially slippery.
6. Pull your curls into a high ponytail, leaving the shorter layers loose and forward, like bangs. Massage the ponytail to form a voluminous bun.
7. Divide your hair in half at the nape of your neck and tie it in a knot, then double-knot the ends. Pin the knot in place with bobby pins and let your hair fall where it may.
8. Tie your hair into a low ponytail and braid the hair, stopping 2 inches short of the ends. Secure the ends with a clear elastic, and pull at the edges of the braid until it’s fat and wide.