Meet the inspiring female business owners competing in The Pitch
It is an exciting day for female entrepreneurship.
Today, at the #BlogHer16: Experts Among Us Conference in Los Angeles, California, The Pitch: Small Business Edition takes the stage for its second annual live pitch competition. This power-packed activation, sponsored by GoDaddy, has brought together a group of five impressive female small-business owners and entrepreneurs to pitch their big ideas to an audience of 3,000 content creators and social media influencers — plus a panel of high-profile judges.
So, what is at stake?
After each woman presents her pitch, the judges will deliver their commentary and final rankings. Then, the audience will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite female maven. The winner will be determined by a combination of the judge rankings and the popular vote of the #BlogHer16 attendees.
The winner will be awarded $10,000 in cash plus a year-long marketing, media and promotional support package from SheKnows Media, valued at $40,000. Each month, 79 million unique visitors visit SheKnows Media platforms, along with nearly 292 million social media fans and followers — and we are thrilled to share this audience and reach with these talented women.
Let’s meet the rock star entrepreneurs.
- Adda Birnir, founder of Skillcrush, an interactive online learning community helping people transform their careers via technical and digital skill development
- Barika Edwards, founder of OweYaa, a web-based platform that connects military members and their spouses with internships at startups across the country
- Ritu Narayan, founder of Zum, a ride-sharing service that sends consistent, vetted drivers and nanny care to pick up, drop off and look after your children
- Stacy Katz, founder of Not Parent Approved, a fun, interactive card game designed to bring families together and allow a break from a technology-filled life
- Zahra Aljabri, founder of Mode-sty, an online shopping destination for quality, stylish and uniquely modest clothing
The Pitch: Small Business Edition’s emcee will be Sallie Krawcheck, CEO and Co-Founder of Ellevest, a recently launched digital investment platform for women.
And now, meet the judges.
- Courtney Nichols Gould, co-founder and co-chief executive officer, SmartyPants
- Lisa Skeete Tatum, chief executive officer, Landit
- Majora Carter, chief executive officer of StartUp Box and last year’s winner of The Pitch at #BlogHer15: Experts Among Us
- Shira Lazar, co-founder, chief executive officer and host of What’s Trending
- Tai Beauchamp, style influencer and entrepreneur
- Lauren Antonoff, senior vice president of presence and commerce at GoDaddy
Lauren Antonoff of GoDaddy will also provide motivational advice and guidance for the go-getters in the audience who might be looking to monetize their online presence or ramp up their entrepreneurial potential. “The BlogHer conference is great because it brings entrepreneurial woman together in ways that spark ideas and provides a supportive startup environment that encourages participants to discover, share and create,” Antonoff said.
Want to get involved in the entrepreneurial love but not at #BlogHer16? We have opportunities for you. This September and October, GoDaddy and SheKnows will host a monthly contest in which users can upload their own pitch videos for a chance to win exposure of their business on SheKnows. Look out for the contest portal, which will open in September!
You can also get involved with The Pitch program by emailing email@example.com and telling us about your venture. We are excited to get you involved in this community of innovators and change agents and to continue to connect women business leaders everywhere