I used to believe that my skin would never change and always stay as tight, ageless and flawless as it was in my younger years. I never imagined that someday I would be trying every product on the market to help my skin stay looking young. I grew up, reality set in and I realized that aging is inevitable. I can’t rewrite history or take back all those days I spent in the sun, but I can make choices today that will help slow and reverse the effects of aging on my skin.
1. You’re never too young to start a great anti-aging skincare routine. In fact, right now is the perfect time to instill good habits and find products you like. Test out different moisturizers, serums and creams until you find a combo that works for you. You won’t know the fantastic results that a serum can provide until you give one a try. Serums have a high concentration of active ingredients and are designed to deliver the product deeper into the skin for maximum anti-aging benefits. Find a quality serum that works now and you will thank yourself years later.
2. Anti-aging products don’t have to be expensive. I used to think that the more expensive, the better the quality. This is so far from the truth. You can find affordable products that will change your skin if you know what to look for. I recommend No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Serum to everyone. You can grab it the next time you are in Target for less than $30. This serum is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles in just four weeks, and the results continue to get better over time. Don’t let your budget keep you from taking care of your skin.
3. Add a serum to your moisturizing routine. A moisturizers’ main job is to hydrate and protect the skin by acting as a barrier on the surface of the skin. Serums are applied under a moisturizer, and although they can provide some hydration benefits, the primary function of a serum is to combat aging. They should not replace a moisturizer, but they can deliver spectacular anti-aging results.
4. Protecting your skin from the sun doesn’t have to be a hassle. When I was younger, I complained about how thick sunscreen was. I didn’t love how it left a white film on my face and hated having to use it. Little did I know, sunscreen doesn’t have to be thick, white and tough to apply. Sunscreen is included in a number of beauty products these days. Look for a tinted moisturizer with SPF included to speed up your morning routine and protect your skin.
5. In retinol we trust! You don’t need retinol every night, but applying it a couple times a week will help combat aging. It’s easy to use and does magical things for skin. It brightens, reduces discoloration and even helps treat acne. It’s my anti-aging secret weapon of choice and I like that No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Serum contains retinol.
6. Eye cream is not just for old women. Start using an eye cream when you’re young and your older-self will thank you for it. The skin around our eyes dries out as we age and often makes us look older than we are. Luckily, applying a moisturizing eye cream can fight off the drying process and keep skin looking younger.
This post is part of a sponsored collaboration between No7 and SheKnows