This spring season, are you ready to ditch your boring cell phone cover with a one of a kind design? Well, me too! Check out the easy steps I took to creating a beautiful, aquatic marbled cell phone cover — in just three steps! Seriously, just three steps to get a beautiful custom design. The technique takes less than — wait for it — five minutes. Did your jar drop in shock? No design can be duplicated, it is economical to make and easy to do.
DIY water marbled cell phone cover
- Deep container for water
- Warm water
- Nail polish — your favorite color or colors
- Cell phone cover — new or old
My phone cover was a light green color, which was nice but I really wanted my “new” DIY phone cover design to be a marbled white and pink color. So, what’s a DIY gal to do? I painted it, with nail polish! And, the sheen turned out better than I thought it would be. Wohooo!
- Fill the container with warm water.
- Add drops of nail polish into the water and swirl it with a toothpick.
- Drip the cover front (not the inside) of the cell phone cover into the water.
That’s it. Just let it dry for 24 hours and show it off to friends and fam. When asked where you purchased it, have your DIY expert pitch sentence ready: “Oh, this case? I made it!” Then shine that beautiful smile of yours with pride.
- Practice first on other (guinea pig) items until you are comfortable with the technique (I used water bottles)
- Don’t leave the case in the water for more than four seconds, or it starts to get clumpy
- If need be, use toothpick to remove the marbled paint from the cell phone rubber areas (like the volume button)
- Super important: make sure all areas are dry before you put your phone in the case.
Gathering the materials took me longer (about seven minutes) than the actual technique, which took me less than four seconds. I love the way it turned out. Do you? I posted more photos on Instagram if you want to see more photos and my other DIY projects and interior designs. Live beautiful within home and heart!