Your birthday is here! And although each succeeding year it becomes just a tad bit more difficult to bear, birthdays should be fun. So, forget about your new age — we all love you just the same, if not more — and dive into all these special birthday freebies.
You’ve probably noticed your fair share of restaurant deals on your big day. The birthday deals that are not so advertised are those for retail shopping.
More: 20 Amazing trips to take in your 20s
So, to all the fashionistas, beauty experts and decor designers, this is my birthday gift to you: 17 places where you can get a birthday freebie for beauty products, clothes and home items.
- BareMinerals. Sign up for a free FAB (Friends and Benefits) account and choose any day of the year to be your own personal “Sale Day,” where you’ll receive 15 percent off. Additionally, you’ll also receive a birthday gift.
- Benefit Cosmetics. Benefit Brow Bar beauty lounges offer a free brow arch on your birthday.
- Sephora. Sephora will give you a free birthday gift each year if you are a part of their Beauty Insider club. Currently, you can choose between a mini set by Fresh or Marc Jacobs Beauty.
- Smashbox. As a member of their free Pretty Points loyalty program, they will give you a free gift set on your birthday.
- Tarte. Sign up for free as a member for Tarte Tokens, and get a birthday gift and 20 percent discount.
- The Body Shop. As a Love Your Body member, The Body Shop will offer you a $10 reward during your birthday month.
- Ulta. With their Ultamate Rewards program, Ulta will give you a free gift on your birthday and give you double points for all your purchases during your birthday month.
- American Eagle. Sign up for the AERewards program and receive a birthday discount to American Eagle, Aerie and any of their outlets. And, as a member, for every five bras you buy at Aerie, you’ll get the sixth one free.
- Charming Charlie. After signing up for their Charm Club, you will receive a Birthday Bonus each year during your birthday month. The Bonus changes from year to year.
- DSW. By signing up as a DSW Rewards member, you’ll get a little perk toward your next shoe purchase.
- Express. If you sign up for a free Express Next Rewards account (careful, there is also an Express Next credit card), you’ll get an exclusive birthday gift valued up to $40.
- Victoria’s Secret. If you have the VS Angel credit card, you’ll receive a $10 birthday coupon.
- Anthropologie. Anthropologie will offer you a special birthday discount (I believe it’s 15 percent off) when you sign up as a member of Anthro. However, you have to sign up at least 30 days prior to your birthday to get the discount.
- Redbox. With the free Redbox Play Pass, you’ll earn a free rental on your birthday, and for every 10 rentals, you’ll get a freebie.
- World Market. After signing up for a free World Market Explorer Rewards account, you’ll be eligible for their “birthday surprise” (I think it’s 10 percent off), as well as other perks, like a free 12-ounce bag of coffee for every six bags you buy.
And while you’re busy shopping around… be sure to take a break and enjoy these two freebies as well!
- Godiva. Sign up for their Rewards Club and get a free birthday offer each year — and as a member, you’ll get a free piece of chocolate each month. No harm in that.
- Starbucks. With My Starbucks Rewards, you can celebrate your birthday with a free drink (anything and any size) and a 15-percent-off coupon for store items.
Want more? Here are all the ways to get free food on your birthday.