Rectangle (or ruler) shape
Celebrity rectangles: Anne Hathaway, Queen Latifah, Cameron Diaz
How to tell if you’re a rectangle: “Rectangles have a very athletic frame,” Roché says. “That allows them to wear boyish clothes as well as a wide range of feminine ones. Your shoulders, waistline, bust and hips are around the same size. Your shoulder, bust and hip measurements are within five percent of each other. Your waist is less than 25 percent smaller than your shoulder or bust measurements. Waist measures from one to eight inches (2.5 cm – 20 cm) smaller than the bust.”
Rectangle body shape traits:
- Your hips, waistline and shoulders have about the same width.
- Rectangles gain weight evenly, but may gain some more through the upper back or neck.
- You have rather straight shoulders.
- Your buttocks are flat.
- You have an athletic build and a small bustline.
Inverted triangle shape
Celebrities with inverted triangle body shapes: Naomi Campbell, Demi Moore, Renée Zellweger, Miley Cyrus
How to tell if you’re an inverted triangle: “Your shoulders are wider than your hips,” Roché says. “They are the widest part of your body. Your shoulders are more than five percent bigger than your hip measurement.”
Inverted body shape traits:
- You have prominent and broad straight shoulders — wider than your waistline or hips.
- You have an athletic build.?
- You probably have rather flat buttocks.?
- You might have a larger chest and fuller back than rectangles.?
- When inverted triangles gain weight, they usually gain it through the torso and back area.?