Can you believe it? We’re already at the end of the year! Where did all that time go?
And as we’re wrapping up the year, I’m starting to feel like I’m completely overwhelmed by the idea of getting gifts for other people — but, it’s super easy to buy things for myself when I’m shopping for other people? I’m standing in the middle of the store at a complete loss.
Everyone has his or her own interests. It’s a matter of figuring out what it is they like and then finding that perfect gift for them.
A gift guide is always helpful.
Do you have friends who love making cards or scrapbooking? Then this gift guide is perfect for you.
1. Online classes
I love that these days you can pick up almost any skill or hobby through online learning. From learning different types of calligraphy and lettering to sketching and painting, you can pick up these new skills in less than an hour. Some of these classes are pretty cheap too. These online classes are perfect for card-makers. Trust me. I’ve taken a lot of these. They’re fun, and I get to learn a new skill to incorporate into my cards.
These classes are offered from Brit + Co.:
- Calligraphy 101 online class ($29 for class, $76 for class and kit)
- Brush Calligraphy online class ($29 for class, $37 for class and kit)
- Watercolor Painting online class ($19 for class, $117 for class and kit)
- Sketching online class ($19 for class, $66 for class and kit)
- Hand-lettering online class ($19 for class, $54 for class and kit)
2. Scrapbook papers
Scrapbook papers aren’t necessarily just for scrapbooking. Scrapbooks and cards have a ton in common. You can definitely use scrapbook papers to create beautiful cards. Trust me when I say that there’s no such thing as too much paper. (Paper Source, starting at $2)
3. Custom stamp
Custom stamps are the perfect gift for card-makers because they can create their own designs. These stamps allow for creativity. (Paper Source, $40)
Sometimes the best gifts are the classics. These books are filled with tutorials for calligraphy and creative lettering. Writing can be an art too.
- Creative Lettering and Beyond by Gabri Joy Kirkendall and Laura Lavender (Amazon, $13)
- Modern Calligraphy by Molly Suber Thorpe (Amazon, $18)
More: Card maker gifts
Leave a Comment