Fabulous front yard decorations don’t have to be fancy or expensive. Learn how to transform old pieces of scrap lumber into fun wooden Christmas trees to make your yard more festive.
For this project you will need some old wooden pallets, a few shades of paint and a couple of basic tools. I was able to find this pallet for free, and I found samples of “oops” paint at the hardware store for 50 cents each, bringing my total cost for this project in at less than $2.
Remove the boards from the pallet, then cut them down to 6 different lengths.
Clean off the boards from any dirt and debris, then paint the boards. I diluted my paint with water to make it easier to brush onto the rough pallet boards.
Screw the painted boards into another long board from the pallet to assemble the Christmas tree. I left the long board unpainted to add to the rustic feel of the tree.
Use silver or gold paint to paint a star on the top board of the pallet Christmas tree.
Once the paint has dried, your pallet tree is ready for your front yard.
- Wooden pallet
- Green paint
- Silver or gold paint
- Paint brush
- Remove the boards from the pallet.
- Cut the boards down to 6 different lengths.
- Remove any dirt or debris from the boards.
- Dilute the paint with a little water so that it is easier to brush onto the rough pallet boards, then paint the boards.
- Screw the boards into another long board from the pallet.
- Paint a star on the top board of the Christmas tree using silver or gold paint.
- Once the paint dries, the tree is ready for your front yard.