Considering buying a puppy because it’s easier than kids? Careful. There are a few things both puppy parents and toddler parents know.
1. It’s totally possible to destroy a toy within five minutes of getting it
2. People may not say anything out loud, but sometimes you just know people don’t want you around
3. Cleaning up pee and poop is just another part of your everyday routine
4. The words “this is why we can’t have nice things” start to become a mantra
5. Nothing is sacred
6. Brushing their teeth is an ordeal… Every. Single. Time.
7. You don’t remember what a full night’s sleep feels like
(Seriously, though… is that John Malkovich?)
8. Flavored medicine means you’ll only need to trick them a little (at least the first time)
9. Everybody loves books in his or her own way
10. They’ll eat you out of house and home
But that doesn’t mean toddler and puppy parents have everything in common.