I hate spending money on Halloween decor. What? But, it’s so much fun! Yes, but we are bombarded with advertising telling us to buy, buy, buy! Halloween’s an $8 billion industry — according to statistics from 2012. I know. That’s not what I want to hear either. What if you don’t want to buy into it, but you want to decorate your home without spending a lot of money?
I personally hate spending money just to pack up home decor and pull out another set of decorations to get me to the next biggest holiday.
I try to create easy, seasonal home decor items that take you from Halloween through fall into the holidays. I work with a limited budget, and it’s still going to look chic. I love getting more bang for my buck! Don’t you?
DIY Stenciled Fall Pumpkins
For this easy project, you just need a few items to make your Halloween and fall home decor.
- Time needed: 30 minutes to 1 hour, start to finish
- You can find the supplies at many hobby stores — and sometimes on clearance at your local big box stores. You might even have some of these at home already.
- I stenciled the word BOO onto faux pumpkins.
The cost saver — After Halloween, I’m flipping them around, adding one more pumpkin and stenciling FALL on the back side. These can be added to any mantel, shelf or bookcase. No one will be the wiser. Want to make your own? Here’s what you’ll need.
- Any size faux pumpkins (mine are 9″)
- Craft paint in any fall colors or a neutral metallic
- A paint brush
- Measuring tape or ruler
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Optional items: twine, faux fall leaves, mini clothespins
See the full tutorial, along with tips on how to create your own Halloween Through Fall Pumpkins at Boo Pumpkins DIY Craft Project.
To keep up to date with my projects, connect with me @DearCreatives