10 Things not to say to your childfree friends
After nine years of blissful marriage, we've been asked by everyone and their mother when we are expanding our family.
Sure, I love children, but don’t ask me if I am having one soon. It is uncomfortable and inappropriate, and I’m so over it. If you want to remain friends with your childfree friends, maybe you should drop the following from your vocabulary:
1. "So when are you guys going to start a family?"
2. "You'll understand when you become a mom."
3. "Just relax, you'll get pregnant in no time."
4. "It must be nice to have the extra time to read a book/have a romantic dinner."
5. "I didn't invite you because it's a kids' party and I didn’t think you wanted to come."
6. "You'll change your mind about having kids in a few years."
7. "Wait until your biological clock kicks in."
8. "You're missing out on one of the best things in life."
9. "You don't understand; you've never had kids."
10. "But you would be such a great mom! There's nothing to be afraid of."
Just remember: Next time you feel like bringing up the topic of children or childbearing to your childfree friend, respect their privacy and their life choices.