With summer winding down, pet parents from coast to coast are hustling to plan their end-of-summer vacations. Sometimes we can bring our dogs along for the ride — hooray! But other times, we’ve gotta find a great pet sitter and hit the road sans furry friends. For those occasions, we’ve compiled this list exploring what your dogs are thinking when you finally come home again. They leap in the air, lick your face and sniff you from head to toe. But what’s really going through their minds when you first walk in the door? Let’s find out.
1. My human is here, do I look OK?
2. You’re home, you’re home, you’re home!
3. Wait a minute… Whose scent are you wearing? Have you been seeing other dogs?!
4. Nah, it’s all good, I’m all about that face
5. Where’d you go? Who’d you talk to? How many butts did you sniff?
6. While you were gone, I learned some new tricks
7. Watch what I can do!
8. I made some new friends, too
9. Plus, I left you a little surprise… (Spoiler alert: It’s a turd… I love you)
10. JK, it’s all good, all is forgiven
11. Never. Leave. Again.
12. You know I’m head over heels in love with you
13. But next time, bring me along?
Nothing compares to puppy love. Even after a long time away, our dogs are always happy to welcome us home. Enjoy your summer travels!