11 Empowering quotes from classic movie stars
Who doesn’t love a little daily inspiration and motivation? I know sometimes it’s just what I need to brighten my day, change my outlook on a certain situation or simply focus myself on being grateful and feeling content.
Some of my favorite quotes come from Hollywood’s original leading ladies. Although they gave us many memorable lines on-screen, it’s their noteworthy words from behind the camera that encourage me most. More than just icons of beauty and glamor, they had some important things to say about life, love and happiness. And most important, the happiness you find within yourself.
Timeless wisdom that every woman should live by, their personal insights leave an empowering impact that will uplift you.
1. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
— Lucille Ball
2. “Be yourself. The world worships the original.”
— Ingrid Bergman
3. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!”
— Audrey Hepburn
Image: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.com
4. “Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful.”
— Sophia Loren
5. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.”
— Judy Garland
6. “I never say 'never' and I never say 'always'.”
— Grace Kelly
7. “Taking joy in life is a woman’s best cosmetic.”
— Rosalind Russell
8. “A girl doesn’t need anyone that doesn’t need her.”
— Marilyn Monroe
Image: WENN/MANDER MITCHENSON
9. “I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun.”
— Katharine Hepburn
10. "Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work."
— Bette Davis
11. "It's not the having, it's the getting."
— Elizabeth Taylor
So if you’re looking for some guidance or just a personal pick-me-up, remember what these smart sirens from the silver screen had to say. They understood what it meant to be a woman and did it with a remarkable grace that has endured through the decades.