Rise and shine, beautiful! It’s a bright and shiny new day for you to take on. Whether the morning finds you refreshed and awake or hiding under the covers pushing the snooze button a couple more times, this five-step routine will have you out the door in under an hour and is sure to jump start your mind and body for a radiant day!
Step 1. Stretch it out!
Before you even roll out from under those comfy covers, warm up your muscles and shake off the bedtime aches. By stretching out before going about your day, you’ll have better posture, avoid nagging headaches and backaches from stiff muscles and you’ll get a nice dose of energy.
Hold each stretch for 30 seconds:
- Upper back release
- Chest release
- Spinal twist
- Neck roll
- Roll downup
- Hamstring stretch
Step 2. Breakfast time!
Grab a glass of water while you whip up a healthy breakfast! Breakfast not only jump starts your metabolism but a healthy breakfast also provides your brain with the fuel it needs to tackle the day.
We love these quick, healthy and oh-so-easy ideas:
- Oatmeal with blueberries and glass of milk
Provides: Fiber, antioxidants, protein, calcium
- Breakfast burrito: Egg whites, chopped bell peppers, onion and spinach, whole-wheat tortilla, salsa
Provides: Protein, iron, vitamin K, vitamin C
- Smoothie (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, spinach blended with water) and two sausage links Provides: Antioxidants, iron, protein
- 100 percent whole-wheat toast with almond butter spread, glass of milk and banana
Provides: Fiber, protein, vitamin E, calcium, potassium
- Breakfast parfait: low-fat vanilla yogurt, plain granola, strawberries, kiwi and mango
Provides: Protein, calcium, fiber, potassium, vitamin C
Step 3. Clean up!
Grab a quick shower, brush your teeth, comb your hair; you know, all of your daily rituals. Wrap your hair in a towel and head over to your closet to grab today’s outfit.
Step 4. Dress up!
Nothing makes you feel more radiant than a great outfit. We like to save time two ways. One, you can keep your closet so organized and streamlined that you can easily see each piece of your wardrobe. Or two, you can choose your outfits the night before.
Save time by loosening wrinkles with a quick tumble in the dryer, running your flat iron over a crease here or there or ironing clothes the night before.
Step 5. Finishing touches!
Still have your hair in a towel, right? Good. We love saving our hair drying and styling until the very last step so our hair has ample time to air dry, allowing for a faster and better blow out! So, keep that hair up and grab your beauty essentials. Our daily routine only uses nine products and steps.
- Foundation or BB cream: Depending on the coverage you’re looking for, dab a little foundation or BB cream all over your face and blend with a beauty sponge.
- Concealer: Dab just a little under your eyes and over blemishes and blend with a beauty sponge, or hey, even your hand!
- Finishing powder: Apply a finishing powder all over to absorb any excess oil on your face and set your foundation.
- Bronzer: Swipe a little bronzer under your cheekbones, on the sides of your nose, sides of your forehead, under your chin and under the tip of your nose for a little countering action.
- Blush: Swipe a little pink on the apples of your cheeks for a bright look. Be sure to blend well into the bronzer you just brushed on.
- Highlight: Want to look awake and refreshed in an instant? You must highlight! Swipe highlight powder under your eyes, in the corners of your eyes, down your nose and across the top of your lips!
- Eyeliner: Pick your favorite eyeliner and swipe a pretty little cat eye line on the tops only.
- Mascara: A little dab of mascara on your lashes will open the eyes and instantly make you appear more awake.
- Brow Powder: Fill in and shape your brows. Your brows are more important than you think and make your eyes look more dramatic and beautiful when they are accentuated properly!
Finish up with your blowout or if you’re anything like us, save more time by rolling that pretty hair of yours up into a top knot and go about your day!
Now that you’re well-nourished and well dressed, you’ll be sure to have a have a bright and beautiful day.
Disclosure: This post is part of a collaboration between ARM & HAMMER™ Truly Radiant™ and SheKnows