Summer is the time when the city comes alive! There is so much to do and experience while the weather is pleasant. There are countless festivals, outdoor farmers markets, sporting events, outdoor concerts and more!
Every summer I try to compile a "bucket list" of what I would like to do. And every year I feel as though the list gets longer!
Here are 13 fun things to do in Columbus this summer:
1. Enjoy the lively energy of the Short North Arts District on Gallery Hop night (First Saturday of every month). Local shops and galleries stay open until 10 p.m. for visitors.
Image: Allen Foster/Flickr
Image: Erin Crews/Flickr
Image: Sameh Fahmi/Flickr
Image: Barcelona Columbus
Image: Tyler Beeney/Flickr
6. Join the crowd downtown celebrating America's independence at Red White and Boom!
Image: Gabe Taviano/Flickr
7. Explore the "old world" charm at the shops and restaurants in German Village. Better yet, join in on one of the Walking and Tasting tours!
Image: Wally Gobetz/Flickr
8. Join the "party with a purpose!" Listen to live music and browse local arts and crafts at ComFest.
Image: Dave Ungar/Flickr
Image: Mike Wojniak/Flickr
10. Have a family picnic and movie night at Columbus Commons! They will be showing the original Annie on Friday, July 24.
Image: Jason Sutton/Flickr
11. Take a COGO bike ride around the city on a beautiful day!
Image: Brandon Bartoszek/Flickr
12. Listen to some jazz by the river while enjoying some tasty, award-winning ribs at the 36th annual Jazz and Rib Fest.
Image: Jerry Jay Johnson/Flickr
13. Take the whole family to the Ohio State Fair! Come for the rides and stay for the food!
Image: Dave K/Flickr
Head over to Experience Columbusto check out even more fun events happening in Columbus this summer.
Disclosure: This post is part of a collaboration between Experience Columbus and SheKnows