Do you wonder why you should make a concrete stool? Because it is your own homemade design piece and costs less than $10!
Concrete is a big trend in interior design and decorating because of its industrial feel. The easiest way to introduce this trend in your home is by adding concrete elements, for example a stool. Have a look how to make your own design piece by mixing a bag of concrete and adding wooden poles.
You will need:
- Plastic bucket from your local hardware store (preferably with a flat bottom)
- Bag of concrete mix
- 3 same size stool legs
- Optional: Paint color of your choice, paint brush, sandpaper
- Prepare your bucket by cleaning it well. Inside the bucket, mix a bag of concrete with water until the mixture is smooth, following the instructions on the packaging. Leave it for a couple of hours.
- When the concrete has thickened a little bit, place stool legs inside the concrete. Make sure they are aligned evenly. If it’s necessary, hold the legs in the right position until the concrete sets.
- Leave it overnight (for about 20 hours in total).
- In the morning, gently remove your stool from the bucket and make any adjustments if needed (polish the seat with the sand paper, cut uneven legs).
- By leaving it raw, you will add an industrial feel to your home. A bit of black color will make it more elegant, so it’s up to you.
Leave a Comment