There are some items that you should never skimp on. Anything to do with your health, really, and condoms. Never buy discounted condoms.
“Consumers should not use these products,” the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission warned.
“Customers are asked to immediately destroy and dispose of the products. Any consumers concerned about their health should seek medical advice.”
So, take condoms off the list of items you should buy on the cheap, and while you’re at it, it’s best not to buy these products from discount stores, either.
1. It’s probably best to get a second opinion if you’re using a $1 pregnancy test:
Who's so cheap they would buy a $1 pregnancy test from Dollar Tree? And whose idea was stock it w/ gum @ the cashier? pic.twitter.com/3gdHDtQh17
— Isabel Peterson (@TopSillyGoose) March 19, 2015
2. Which is bound to be just as accurate as the $1 home drug test:
— Kurtz+Atkins Design (@KurtzandAtkins) January 2, 2015
3. Nothing says good quality beef quite like a $1 rib eye steak:
Nothing like a dollar store ribeye! pic.twitter.com/PuvBq6srlq
— Ryan M. (@Srmathias22) March 1, 2015
4. Sometimes it’s best to buy the original, even if it’s “just like” the imitation:
— Lyss♡ (@brandes_alyssa) April 9, 2015
5. Who’s willing to take the $1 mystery can challenge?
6. Should have gone to Specsavers:
— Nicolle Tonasket (@NicolleTonasket) January 9, 2015
7. And the pharmacy for medication for the kids:
— SeMGRATIS (@SeMGRATIS) February 20, 2015
8. Don’t even think about buying those $1 razors:
Using dollar store razors RT @JasiYassssss: lmaaaaaaooooooo pic.twitter.com/rMnxtQfKHr
— They Call Me Big El-ly (@momentoftru) April 9, 2015
9. It’s probably best to leave the hair extensions for your hair stylist, too:
— Elena Genevinne (@ElenaGenevinne) April 7, 2015
10. Come on, guys. You had one job:
— neen. (@Neeny_Love) February 26, 2015
What other items would you never buy from a discount store? Let us know in the comments section below.