10 Things that you probably shouldn't buy at discount stores
There are some items that you should never skimp on. Anything to do with your health, really, and condoms. Never buy discounted condoms.
That's the lesson some people have found out the hard way after Groupon Australia had to recall the counterfeit "Extra Safe" Durex condoms because of possible "defects such as holes in the latex."
"Consumers should not use these products," the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission warned.
"Customers are asked to immediately destroy and dispose of the products. Any consumers concerned about their health should seek medical advice."
So, take condoms off the list of items you should buy on the cheap, and while you're at it, it's best not to buy these products from discount stores, either.
1. It's probably best to get a second opinion if you're using a $1 pregnancy test:
2. Which is bound to be just as accurate as the $1 home drug test:
3. Nothing says good quality beef quite like a $1 rib eye steak:
4. Sometimes it's best to buy the original, even if it's "just like" the imitation:
5. Who's willing to take the $1 mystery can challenge?
6. Should have gone to Specsavers:
7. And the pharmacy for medication for the kids:
8. Don't even think about buying those $1 razors:
9. It's probably best to leave the hair extensions for your hair stylist, too:
10. Come on, guys. You had one job:
What other items would you never buy from a discount store? Let us know in the comments section below.