Cate Blanchett has topped Vanity Fair‘s prestigious 2014 best-dressed list, and after perusing some of her latest outfits, we can certainly see why.
Australian Academy Award winner, Cate Blanchett, definitely has her own sense of style. The actress combines interesting silhouettes with classic movie-star quality gowns to create powerful looks with a modern twist.
She’s been on our style radar and now it’s been announced that she is officially the best-dressed woman on the planet as Vanity Fair released its 75th best-dressed list with Blanchett right at the top.
The list is usually dominated by the likes of Europe’s fashion-forward celebs, but this year, it’s our own Blanchett who’s in the style spotlight. Here are 10 examples of why Blanchett topped the list.
1. The Hobbit premiere, 2012
2. The 19th Annual Critics’ Choice Awards, 2014
3. 2014 G’day USA Los Angeles Black Tie Gala to honour Australians Geoffrey Rush, Jacki Weaver and chef Curtis Stone, 2014
4. BAFTA Los Angeles Awards Season Tea Party, 2014
5. Los Angeles premiere of Blue Jasmine, 2013
6. The 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival: How to Train Your Dragon 2 premiere, 2014
7. The 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival, 2014
8. The 86th Annual Academy Awards, 2014
9. The 20th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards, 2014
10. Crystal + Lucy Awards, 2014