Stuck on what colours to pick for your wedding day? Get inspired by our three favourite colour combos for 2014.
Gold and ivory
There’s no way you can go wrong with a gold and ivory colour scheme. The metallic hue adds a modern element to a romantic ivory backdrop. Don’t be afraid to go bold with your gold — sequins (in moderation), gold accessories and decorations will add that “wow” factor.
- There was no way we could resist adding in this Love, Yu Off Shoulder Tulle Gown. We’d consider this wedding dress a steal (Shopbop, $1,900).
- Perfection is a Badgley Mischka peep-toe pump (Amazon, $85).
- Be a boho-glam bride with this Deepa Gurnani crystal floral headband (Shopbop, $120).
- We love the look of the Balenciaga Paris Eau De Parfum (Balenciaga, $86). Oh, and we’re sure it smells nice, too.
- Pick up this gorgeous Kenneth Jay stretch bracelet (Shopbop, $93).
- This Swarovski Parallele Desert Glow Mini Pendant is timeless and elegant (Swarovski, $120).
- Add some drama with a pair of Tom Binns Rokoco earrings (Shopbop, $210).
- Pretty maids call for pretty dresses. Fit your ladies out in this Thread Olivia strapless dress (Shopbop, $105).
- This Tutu du Monde Centre Stage Onesie (ShopBelle, $175) is perfect for the glamour baby in your bridal party.
- Grab this gorgeous Michael Kors pave criss-cross band ring (Bloomingdales, $100).
- We adore the love bird detail on this Moschino clutch (Forzieri, $310).
- This Frock and Frill Embellished Skater Dress (Asos, $195) is perfection for your maids.
Blue, grey and lilac
You can’t get much more romantic than blue, grey and lilac. The lilac adds a soft touch that prevents the blue and grey from becoming too “winter wonderland”. Try for dusty blues and use touches of silver to complement the greys. Don’t be afraid to experiment — you can choose what hue to bring to the forefront or you can use the three tones equally.
- We love the slightly bolder lilac hue of the Nirvana Tanzanite Bracelet (Swarovski, $245).
- Your bridesmaids will look divine in this draped, asymmetrical Zimmerman dress (Shopbop, $235).
- Go for a soft blue and silver accessory and wear this Swarovski Fidelity Crystal Bracelet (Harrods, $150).
- This clever Twobirds maxi (Shopbop, $325) can be worn more than 15 ways!
- We guarantee your bridesmaids will love this dusty blue embellished dress (Topshop, $125).
- We are seriously into this Lelet NY lace crystal headband (Shopbop, $350).
- Slip on these Badgley Mischka Goodie pumps (Heels.com, $260) to add a pop of colour to your wedding day look.
- This striking silver sequined box clutch makes for instant “wow” factor (Shopbop, $215).
- These drop earrings from Jenny Packham are absolutely perfect (Shopbop, $275).
- We love a pretty perfume bottle and the Guerlain Insolence Eau Glacée Eau de Toilette takes the cake (John Lewis, $88).
- Give your maids a flirty look with the BB Dakota embellished fit & flare dress (Shopbop, $93).
- For your “something blue”, try these drop earrings (Swarovski, $105).
Mint and blush
This mint and blush colour scheme is a stunner. To pull this look off, you’ll need to nail that minty hue. If in doubt, mint has a dusty, aqua undertone and looks somewhat like pale jade. Shades of blush add warmth to the look and try choosing accessories with a hint of silver to give that extra oomph.
- We love the lacy look and minty colour of this A.B.S. by Allen Schwarz dress (Bluefly, $76).
- You won’t want to put down this Lulu Townsend ruffle sequin pouchette clutch (Designer Shoe Warehouse, $32).
- This floaty dress from Joanna August is perfect for bridesmaids or a casual bride (Shopbop, $265).
- Go glamorous in this stretch cuff from GUESS by Marciano ($61).
- The Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum is perfect for a pretty detail shot (Saks Fifth Avenue, $185).
- Fabulous bridal feet call for fabulous footwear, like these pink satin Badgley Mischka Lissa pumps (Heels.com, $195).
- Be a flower child in a pair of $31 Victoria Townsend studs (Macys, $31).
- This Adia Kibur multi-layer necklace is sheer elegance (Shopbop, $45).
- Your bridesmaids will thank you for this Rebecca Taylor strapless dress (Shopbop, $225).
- We personally can never pass by a new shade of OPI. Give this Alpine Snow colour a whirl on your big day (Amazon, $8).