There’s nothing like slipping into a comfy pair of flats before you head out the door. Before you dismiss the idea, you can be a fox in flats… you just need the right pair. Here’s a little guide of where you can find your favourite style of winter flat.
The best tip when trying on ballet flats is don’t compromise comfort. Before you leave the store, make sure they fit like a glove. Take the time to try on both, because each foot is different and one may be comfortable and the other may not. Don’t be scared to take them on a little test-drive around the shop before you buy. Also take a look at the soles before you hand over your cash. If they have a slick sole, reconsider, or you may find yourself on your backside in the rain! Otherwise, you can buy anti-slip sole appliques (at most good shoes shops). We love ballet flats because they’re so versatile. They look fabulous with skinny jeans (or any jean for that matter), a maxi skirt (particularly a tube skirt), leggings or ponte pants (have you noticed, they’re everywhere at the moment?). We’ve done a scout around and here are a few of our favourites:
- It’s a bit hard to choose between any of Sambag‘s beautiful ballets, but the girls at SheKnows love the Juliet two tone calf leather at $180.
- Also take a look at Walnut Melbourne‘s range. I love this elastic pair in bronze for $99.
- For a pop of colour, check out this pair from Nina Armando at The Iconic for $169.
A classic loafer is timeless and guess what? So hot right now! With new twists on this old favourite, feel free to roll up the cuffs on your jeans, show your ankles and your hot new loafers! OK, they may not be as feminine as their ballet flat counterpart, but they’re certainly gracing the pretty pins of celebrities and combined with shifts and minis they look good! So where should you look for this winter trend? Go and check out chain stores like Big W. Their own brand, Emerson has some lovely ones from under $15! Here is a selection of our other current faves.
- We love these Andrea&Joen loafers from The Iconic for $130.
- These teal Mollini loafers from Style Tread are pretty at only $99.
- Combine two new trends – loafers and neon with this pair of Senso Elite loafers from Style Tread for $129.
Boots are an investment that stands the test of time. This winter, it’s all about ankle boots. You can choose a small block heel or flat. Both work with this season’s skinny jeans, ponte pants, tights, leggings and skirts. The sales have started early, so you are sure to pick up a bargain if you know where to look.
- Try Country Road Chrystal Biker boot on sale for $174.
- We’re coveting a pair of Zoe Katzmann Sidle boots for $270.
- Check out Tony Bianco Casino boots from The Iconic for $179.
Happy shopping — go flat out!