11 Tips for surviving the Target liquidation sales in Canada
2013 was the year our lives changed forever for the better. Target expanded its stores to Canada, giving us the opportunity to wander the aisles and buy things we never knew we needed, without having to make a trip across the border. The store's residency is short-lived, though, as Target has decided to call it quits and close all of its Canadian stores this month. To say we are devastated is an understatement, but we're coping.
There is a silver lining to all of this — the liquidation sales. Rumour has it the sales could start as soon as this Thursday, Feb. 5. Think Black Friday but better, because everything really does have to go. True Target fans will want to stock up on all those items that are exclusive to Target, like Sonia Kashuk makeup products, Circo children's clothing, Nate Berkus home decor or the Archer Farms line of foods. While you wander those beloved aisles for the last time, we won't judge you if you need to stop in the home goods section for a good cry.
1. Get there early, or you might miss out.
2. Bring a positive attitude with you — you're going to need it.
3. Get popcorn — you'll need that fuel to keep your energy up.
4. Make a list of your priority items, and buy them all.
5. Stay focused — don't lose sight of your goals.
6. Be prepared to be disappointed.
7. Don't forget to grab a cart.
8. Beware of the crazies.
9. Be nice to the employees — it's bad enough that they are losing their jobs.
10. Try on clothes to make sure they fit — you won't be able to return them.
Image: Tommy Boy/Giphy
11. Wear waterproof mascara just in case your emotions get out of hand.