Struggling with last-minute looks for the holidays? Here are some suggestions for looks that with a small tweak can be worn from day to evening.
t You can find a mix of options here, from a chic blazer that can be worn with jeans or over an evening dress, a beautiful red wool cardigan that can dress up any look, to several options for dresses fit for any occasion! These looks are great for parties, or even work, and include key wardrobe staples that can be worn year round.
1. Rachel Roy gold lame body-con dress ($80 at Macys.com)
t This dress has a festive look on it’s own, but it can be worn to the office with a pair of tights (there are so many great designs out there right now and I love that you can get festive and creative with tights too) and a blazer.
2. INC International Concepts plus size collar lace jacket ($90 at Macys.com)
t The lace detailing on this plus-size blazer is gorgeous. It has the sophisticated look of a traditional blazer, but the lace adds that extra edge for the fashionista in all of us.
t You can wear this blazer so many different ways; with jeans and a pair of cute heels, or over a dress!
3. Rachel Roy long-sleeve cutout marble-print dress ($100 at Macys.com)
t I love making a bold statement with a patterned dress. The allover marble-inspired print of this dress is edgy, but still pretty. The long sleeves make it great for chilly days.
4. JM Collection three-quarter sleeve wool cardigan ($45 at Macys.com)
t I seriously like everything about this cardigan! It comes in a bunch of different fun and bright colors (yellow, blue, and so many others) and has a beautiful beaded detail at the neck line. You can wear it with slacks to dress up your look or over a dress or skirt.
5. Rachel Roy metallic flecked tulip back sweater ($80 at Macys.com)
t The best thing about this sweater is that you can wear it to dress up a pair of jeans. It’s perfect for day to evening wear.You can’t tell from the photo, but it’s also very sparkly and festive
6. Vince Camuto graphic print halter maxi dress ($125 at Macys.com)
t Maxi dresses are so versatile. With the right accessories and hair style, you can wear this to a formal event like a wedding, but it can also be dressed down for casual events like a summer BBQ. Throw on a black or red blazer for those chilly nights!
7. Rachel Roy fitted sheath colorblocked dress ($30 at Macys.com)
t This is another great piece that can be dressed up for nighttime or worn with sandals for a more casual look.
8. Ethnic print sequinned dress ($129 at Zara.com)
t This is the perfect dress for date night or any festive occasion. You can wear it with stylish pumps or even with tights and booties!
9. Sequinned dress ($99 at Zara.com)
t This is another gorgeous dress for holiday parties. I love the pattern and the long sleeves make it great for winter. Add some tights and a coat or blazer for nighttime.
10. Illusion Yoke crepe sheath dress ($148 at Nordstrom.com)
t The sheath top of this dress is so classy, and the sweetheart top makes it fun!
11. Drape front metallic cami ($52 at Topshop.com)
t This pretty pearl-colored cami is perfect for New Year’s Eve celebrations. Add a blazer and skinny pant for a sophisticated, but fun look.
12. Satin tuxe blazer ($110 at Topshop.com)
t Speaking of blazers! A great blazer is one of the most essential wardrobe staples and can be worn so many different ways. I loved this white option from Topshop because the satin detail adds a dressier touch for the evening, but can still be worn during the day over jeans or a casual dress.
13. Cold shoulder jersey dress ($136 at DKNY.com)
t Who said coral is only for summer? I think it’s one of those colors you can rock year round. The cutouts on this piece give it a cool, edgy feel.
14. Asymmetrical sleeveless dress ($97 at DKNY)
t The asymmetrical cut of this dress makes it so trendy. Dress it up with a statement necklace and great pair of heels.