Santa Claus is comin’ to town, and we’ve got 11 top tips from the movies to help you make it a magical time of year for you and your family.
1. Rush around telling everyone Santa Claus is coming to town.
Rush around — preferably in circles — shouting the good news that Santa Claus is comin’ to town.
2. When it comes to gift giving, remember it’s the thought that counts.
Put effort into your gift gifting instead of opting for the easy option, like a box of chocolates or talcum powder.
3. Give a friend an unexpected compliment
A kind word, a smile or a romantic gesture can make an enormous difference to someone’s day.
Ideas for family photos
4. Embrace the spirit of generosity
Try to put others’ needs before your own, and be generous with your time.
5. Keep the magic of Santa alive
Even if you’ve known the truth about Santa for a long time, Christmas is always more magical if you stop trying to rationalize everything.
6. Plan lots of fun activities with your family
Make an effort to schedule fun events with your family rather than spend the holidays sprawled on the sofa.
7. Hum along to Christmas carols even if you don’t know the words
Music can affect your mood, and there’s nothing like a good old-fashioned singalong around the piano to make it feel like Christmas.
8. Wear festive fashions with pride
It doesn’t matter if you look good; it’s whether you look festive enough that matters.
9. Reach out to people who might be lonely with an invite to join your family for Christmas
Extend an open invitation to friends or family to join you for the holidays if they usually spend it alone.
10. Remember that enthusiasm is contagious
Even if you’re surrounded by Scrooges who hate Christmas, keep up your enthusiasm, as it will likely rub off on those around you.
11. It’s the little things that matter most, like being with the ones you love and hugs
Not only do hugs make those around you feel good, but they are also a natural stress-reliever, and they lower blood pressure.