Here are some hair, makeup and clothing tips to get you perfectly photo ready!
If you always “hate” how you look in pictures, then now is the time to stop running from the camera and try the following simple tips so you can start creating some beautiful memories with your family and friends.
20 Picture perfect tips to look your best
Whether it’s a special occasion, family reunion, vacation or something as simple as an everyday snapshot, here’s what you can do to look picture perfect in every photo:
- Don’t wear large, bold prints or patterns.
- Select an outfit that positively accentuates your figure, and make sure the neckline is flattering too.
- Wear only colours you know look good on you. (Black — in moderation — is generally considered slimming.)
- Wear earrings and a necklace. Even a simple pendant and a plain pair of earrings will add a degree of style to your outfit and enhance your appearance.
- Always make sure your hair is clean.
- Select hairstyles that are flattering on you.
- Use styling products that will hold your style but that won’t make your hair appear stiff and unnatural looking.
- Select a hair colour that enhances your complexion.
- Avoid extreme hairstyles. You don’t want hair that’s bigger than your head, nor do you want to completely pull your hair back from your face, because this could make you look older and can even make your head look too small for your body.
- Use only long-wearing, smudge-proof, waterproof cosmetics.
- Use face powder to set makeup and reduce shine.
- Use a foundation with a matte finish.
- Do not use any cosmetics with a shimmery, shiny or “glowing” finish.
- Use clear light to medium colour eyeshadow.
- Use a lip balm or lip cream before applying lipstick.
- Use a medium shade, cream-formula lipstick.
- Brighten your smile ahead of time with teeth whitener. (Be sure to discuss with your dentist what product is best for you.)
- At a wedding: Unless you’re the bride, avoid wearing all white. It will make you look large and detract from your face.
- Make sure the photographer is shooting from slightly above your eye line to minimize the appearance of your chin-neck area.
- Smile with your mouth and your eyes. (Just as the photo is being taken, think of someone you love or of something humorous.)