End an unhealthy relationship
Life is too short to be miserable, so if you’re in a destructive relationship, then it’s time to cut ’em lose. So how do you go about ending a relationship?
- Set some savings aside, just a little bit each week so you have your own money if you need to walk away.
- It’s common courtesy to tell the person you are leaving. However, if you can’t do that without compromising your safety, have a plan of where to go and how you’re going to get there.
- Cut all ties, which might be difficult if you have children together.
- Delete their number from your phone so you’re not tempted to drunk-dial when you’re feeling lonely.
- Find a support network. It can be friends or, if you’re in danger from your partner, a women’s shelter.