Dig out those abandoned paint chips, because they’ve recently popped up as one of the hottest supplies for crafting. Here are eight great ideas for repurposing those pretty, colourful strips and adding some of that colour to your life.
We’ve all seen the endless sea of paint chips at our local home improvement store. We’ve stood before them, overwhelmed, and tried to choose the perfect hue to colour the walls of our home. And we’ve all walked out of the store, carrying a huge stack home with us.
But, once we’ve chosen the perfect colour and painted our walls, what do we do with those paint chips? Enter Pinterest, where there is no shortage of ideas for putting those paint chips to good use in more ways than you ever dreamed.
Colour your walls
Nothing brightens a room like a colourful piece of art. Here are two great ideas for wall art that reflects who you are:
- Round up a mounting board, a paper punch, some foam mount stickers and your paint chips, and create one of these lovely three-dimensional pieces of art for your home. (original pin source)
- In less than an hour, you can create your own changeable art installation with just a stack of paint chips and a few simple shelves. (original pin source)
Read more Pinterest ideas for creating a family gallery wall >>
Colour your desk
Retire those those boring, uninspired office supplies and replace them with these unique items:
- Gather up a box of plain notecards and turn them into custom cards that reflect your personal style. (original pin source)
- Replace your boring pads of paper with these cheery little notepads. (original pin source)
Colour your life
Sometimes just catching a glimpse of colour can brighten your entire day. Try these fun ideas for adding bits of colour to your life:
- With one paint chip, a brad, and some colourful thread, you can quickly make your own bookmark. (original pin source)
- Liven up your refrigerator with these easy-to-make paint chip magnets. (original pin source)
Learn how to use Pinterest to create your dream mom cave >>
Colour for others
Brighten up your gifts for others by replacing those ubiquitous gift bags and plain gift wrap with these simple, yet creative ideas:
- Skip the boring name tags for gifts and make your own colourful gift tags. (original pin source)
- Don’t let your gift get lost in a sea of gift bags. Make your own unique gift boxes. (original pin source)