When the temperature drops, it’s time to bundle up. The right winter accessories will help keep you warm and stylish until spring. Whether your personal style is classically cool, sporty fun or somewhere in-between, try these tips on accessorizing your winter wardrobe.
This style is a mix of tailored elegance and sophistication. As with other classics that never go out of style, such as the crisp white shirt and little black dress, this way of dressing gives a nod to old-world charm and fashion icons of the past. Embrace the classically cool side of you with these winter accessories:
- The floppy hat: A throwback to the ’70s, this is the perfect topper for a trench or long overcoat.
- A cashmere shawl/shawl cardigan: It’s the comfy way to add warmth around the shoulders.
- A long rectangle scarf in a paisley or herringbone pattern: You can wrap or drape it in many versatile ways
- Simple leather gloves: They’re a classic finish for cool-weather dressing.
Fun, happy clothes are the trademark of this fashion style. Soft tees line this gal’s closet and jeans; comfy sweaters and ballet flats are all her fashion staples. To play up your girl-next-door style, try accessorizing with these:
- Long cable-knit scarves in every colour: Throw them on with a pea coat or puffy jacket.
- Chunky knit beanies in a solid or multicolour pattern: They’re a fun way to keep your head warm!
- A long rectangle scarf in a plaid or solid hue: Tie it effortlessly around the neck.
- Textured or patterned tights: Giving your legs a style boost while adding warmth.
Always on the cutting edge, this fashionista knows all the current trends. Her closet is filled with everything new and interesting from the past, and she’s always looking out for more. Take a jump into her world with these fun accessories:
- Faux fur ear-muffs: Cute and stylish, these won’t mess up your hair while keeping your ears toasty.
- Thigh-high socks: Pull them on over your tights for a up-to-the minute look.
- A cloche hat: Pretty and feminine, this ’20s-style hat is back. Wear with long wavy hair or a bob.
- Long gloves: A trendy option to wrist-length gloves, these look great while protecting you from drafts up your sleeves.
This style maven is avant-garde and artistic, with a bit of rock ‘n’ roll thrown in. Graphic tees, skinny jeans and knee-high boots are standards for this woman. Succumb to your urban edge with these accessories:
- An knit beret: Black is the obvious choice, but red is a funky option.
- Fingerless gloves: Fun and different, these gloves will add a style punch to your outfit.
- A military hat: It’s a great way to top a leather or bomber-style jacket.
- An infinity scarf : An alternative to the long scarf, just slip the loop over your head and this scarf will add modern appeal and warmth this winter.
As at home outside as she is inside, her fashion style reflects her sporty life. Cargo pants, long sleeve tees and boots are all found in this on-the go woman’s wardrobe. Try out your sporty side with these fashion options:
- A trapper hat: Fun in faux fur or suede, the ear flaps keep the head warm no matter the weather.
- Sheepskin mittens /gloves: Keep your hands warm on even the coldest of days.
- Wool socks: Quirky, fun wool socks look great with boots; try a pair in a heritage pattern.
- Aviator sunglasses: Cool and practical, these sunglasses will protect your eyes from the glare of winter snow.