With a vast array of beauty products on the market, it’s easy to be overwhelmed by choice. So, when choosing an anti-wrinkle cream, it’s important to decide what you’re looking for.
Do you want brighter skin, less noticeable fine lines or an obvious reduction in deep facial lines? How about an improvement in the look of age spots? Most anti-wrinkle creams are readily available in retail outlets or online, but the key is to find the one that will help diminish the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging skin while promoting younger-looking skin.
It’s also helpful to understand some of primary ingredients active in your beauty cream. Common ingredients include:
- Retinol — a form of vitamin A, shown to reduce lines and large pores
- Alpha hydroxy acids — these help break down dead skin cells to promote exfoliation and improve the appearance of skin
- Sunscreen — to protect skin from future sun damage and the associated effect of wrinkle production
- Peptides — helpful in reducing aging by increasing the collagen in your skin
- Vitamin C — an antioxidant to fight free radicals and an essential factor in collagen production
- Coenzyme Q10 — to boost skin regeneration and reduce free radical damage
Best anti-wrinkle creams
Here is a selection of the most popular and effective anti-wrinkle creams you can choose:
Clinique: Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector
This product promotes a noticable reduction in lines, sun damage and wrinkles, starting in about four weeks, and offers a more dramatic improvement in only 12 weeks.
Estee Lauder: Perfectionist [CP+] Wrinkle Lifting Serum
A collagen-boosting product that starts reducing wrinkles and age spots within hours of application.
La prairie Anti-Aging Emulsion SPF 30
Helps prevent damage from UV rays, prevents moisture loss and promotes exfoliation for smoother, less wrinkled skin.
Promoted as an all-in-one type anti-aging cream, it eliminates the appearance of lines, crow’s feet and age spots.
Neutrogena 14-Day SKIN RESCUE™
Reverses the signs of aging to reveal younger, more refreshed-looking skin with fewer wrinkles.
Olay® Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum
A non-greasy formulation designed to soften wrinkles and improve the skin’s appearance, starting after just five days of use.
RoC® RETINOL CORREXION® Deep Wrinkle Serum
A product that reduces lines and wrinkles, starting at about four weeks’ use; after twelve weeks of use there will be a visible reduction in deep wrinkles, such as crow’s feet.
StriVectin®-HS Hydro-Thermal Deep Wrinkle Serum
Designed to help reduce deep wrinkles while diminishing the appearance of fine lines and large pores and smoothing other skin imperfections.