Repurpose old 2-liters into a cute pumpkin bird feeder (VIDEO)
Decorate your home with a fall-themed bird feeder to get even the birds into the holiday season.
- Two 2-liter bottles
- Orange paint
- Green paint
- X-Acto knife
- Cut out the bottom of one of the bottles so that it is 2 inches tall.
- Cut out the bottom of the second bottle so that it is 4 inches tall.
- Drill 2 small holes into the 4-inch bottle piece to string a ribbon through.
- Insert the longer bottle piece into the shorter bottle piece.
- Drill holes for a perch.
- Cut out a 1-1/2 inch hole on each side for the birds to get the food from.
- Cut a leaf shape out of the leftover plastic.
- Paint the leaf and dowel green.
- Paint the bottle pieces orange to create a little plastic pumpkin.
- Once dry, assemble everything. Add the ribbon, glue on the leaf, push the two bottle pieces together, add the dowel and then add the bird feed.